Friday 4 November 2022

The Tree of Mindless Fruits

Dear Reader,

What would you choose given the below 2 options,

  1. 100 low-quality fruits that give the health benefits of 10 fruits
  2. 2 high-quality fruits that give the health benefits of 50 fruits
I've picked an analogy based on nature because I felt nature always has an answer to the way we can make some decisions.

You get the point about the Mind and the Tree.

In the past 2-year time frame, I've worked on both kinds of projects.

#1 yielded poor results, no new learnings, mediocre outcomes, unmet goals, unnecessary stress and wasted time in building wasted relationships. Some people prefer this, and I don't know why they would go with this option.

#2 yielded great results, new learnings, fantastic outcomes, goals met, a stress-free environment and I made new friends. Some people prefer this.

Then there is the factor of who owns the end result. If I own the end result then #2 makes sense. If I don't want to own the end result then, I would be indifferent to #1 or #2.

Then again, there is also the factor of how much #1 costs vs. #2 costs when there is a difference in the costs. If you have all the money in the world, throw as much money as you want on #1 and forget about it. If you don't have all the money in the world you are better off with #2.

Let's also consider another important factor that is normally overlooked - 'Mindless'ness. Does it matter if the mind matters over matter? If it does then go with #2. If 'Mindless'ness is fine for you, #1 is your preferred choice.

Have you faced such situations in your life? Let me know in the comments section.

Happy Reading!

Jyothin

No comments:

Post a Comment